Monday, October 17, 2016

31 Days of Halloween - Day 29 - Big Ole Eyeball

Day 29... Gimme an EYE!!! Look how cool this card is!




This card uses the 'necked' tree from the sheltering tree stamp set to create the bloodshot eyeball. How stinkin cute is that?

I took a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cherry cobbler card stock and used the layering circles framelits to cut a circle (approx. 2 3/4 inches) for an ''eye'' in the upper left corner. I used another of the layering circles (approx. 1 1/2 inches) to cut an "iris" from marina mist card stock. And the smallest black circle was cut using the owl builder punch cut from basic black card stock.

 I took a piece of whisper white card stock that measured 3 x 5 1/2 and stamped the branches of the 'necked' tree in cherry cobbler ink to create the bloodshot effect that would show from behind the circle that I had cut out of the cherry cobbler card stock. Then, I did the same in marina mist ink on the marina mist circle to give that circle some dimension as well.

I took the spooky eye stamp from the Jar of Haunts stamp set and stamped it randomly on the cherry cobbler card stock in cherry cobbler ink to create a subtle background. The spider came from the Mr. funny bones stamp set and I stamped it in basic black archival ink. I heat embossed one of the sentiments from the Mr. funny bones stamp set in white embossing powder.

I adhered the whisper white behind the cherry cobbler and then the marina mist in the center of the circle to create an "eye". I added the black circle to create the pupil and dabbed a bit of white pen for an accent.

Lastly, I rounded the corners of the top of the card to give it a bit of a smooth finish.

If you would like to watch the video, you can do that here.

Tomorrow is probably my most favorite project of all... so be sure to check back with me then.

Until next time...

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment