Saturday, October 1, 2016

31 Days of Halloween - Day 18 - World Cardmaking Day - Gatefold Card

Today is a big day for the world of card makers. A day set aside for all of us to take time out and make a card. Any card. For any occasion. I decided to sit down and make a card using an inked embossed gatefold technique. Why not, right?


I love the brick wall embossing folder. It is one of my absolute favorites. If you have watched my video on this project, you will have seen my "helper", Frankie. He was a bit upset that I was making a card and didn't invite him to partake in world card making day. Since he made a guest appearance in the video, I suppose, I should allow him the same here on my blog.

  

He is our real life Grumpy Cat. He looks ever so sad, but he really is such a sweet boy. I can promise you that in all of these pictures, he is actually purring Lol.

Anyway.... thank you, Frankie, for dropping in to say hi to everyone here also. ;-)

Take a look at the video of the card if you haven't seen it and you can check out his cameo there also.


Back to the project... For this card, I used no designer series paper at all. My embossing folder turned my cardstock into my designer series paper. So if you don't have any patterned paper that you like for a particular project, make your own!

To watch my video with all of the dimensions and instructions, click here.

Tomorrow we will be getting wet so, put on your galoshes for a watercolor background card!

Until next time...

Jen


Supplies:


 Smoky Slate Card Stock  Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder   Stampin Trimmer














Bone Folder                              Whisper White Ink Pad                    Tangerine Tango Card Stock

















    Here For You Stamp Set               1 3/4'' Circle Punch                  2'' Circle Punch


 


Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue  Cookie Cutter Halloween Stamp Set  Mr. Funny Bones Stamp Set













Project Life Corner Punch        Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment