Sunday, October 2, 2016

31 Days of Halloween - Day 19 - Watercolor Background

Today we say goodbye to our teens... Tomorrow we will be in our twenties. I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't want to go back to my teens for all of the money in the world!!! My mom and I were talking the other day and we were addressing the statement that most people say "High school is the best 4 years of your life." I disagree. I believe I am living the best years of my life NOW. My children are all physically and physiologically well. I am financially well. My husband and I are still in love and I could not be happier with my life... I say YOU CAN HAVE THE TEENS!!!

So... to say goodbye to the teens, let's do a technique that we haven't touched on in this series. Watercolor.



This is a simple, one color background, but you could go as crazy as you want. Add as many colors as you desire. Heck, go back to your teens and GO WILD!

I only used some slivers of patterned paper on this card, and they were just scraps. You could even do without them if you wanted to go straight cardstock.

If you want to watch the video, you can do so here.

I made the first card with sequins, but I think I like the bats better. A couple of folks commented on the video that they liked the bats better too. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. 

Don't forget to come back tomorrow and see what we do when we head into "The Roaring 20s"

Until next time...

Jen











Tangerine Tango Card Stock      Cookie Cutter Halloween Stamp Set   Watercolor Wings Stamp Set





    





Cookie Cutter Builder Punch      Basic Gray Archival Ink Pad      Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad


   
   
 


 
 

Basic Black Archival Ink Pad                  Stampin' Dimensionals                   Silver Metallic Thread



 
   















Snail Adhesive                          3/8 Glitter Ribbon Combo Pack








No comments:

Post a Comment