Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Countdown to Christmas - Day 13 - Heck it's a Hexagon!!!

Hey y'all, thanks for joining me for another Christmas project! Today's project is a hexagon box that I saw originally on pinterest. I believe the original designer was stamp with Peg.


I decided to make a few of these to hold oddly shaped Christmas presents. My original was made with the fruit stand DSP for the lid and I stamped the woodgrain background on the cardstock for the base. For my video example, I used early espresso card stock and a piece of DSP from the presents and pinecones pack.

You will need a piece of  12 x 12 card stock. Cut a piece that measures 11 3/4 x 7 3/4 and save the other piece for your top and bottom scallop circles. 

You will also need a piece of DSP that measures 4 x 12. 

Take your card stock and score on the 11 3/4 side at  1 7/8, 3 3/4, 5 5/8, 7 1/2, 9 3/8, and 11 1/4. On the 4 inch side, score at 2 1/2.

You will score your lid on the 4 inch side at 2 1/2. On the 12 inch side, score at 2, 3 7/8, 5 3/4, 7 5/8, 9 1/2 and 11 3/8.

You will probably want to watch the video to see what pieces of card stock to remove and how to adhere the box together. You can do that here.

Next we will make a project for the wine lovers in your life!!!

Until next time...

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment