Saturday, December 17, 2016

Countdown to Christmas - Day 21 - Ferrero Rocher Candy Treat Holder

Welcome back y'all! Does everybody on the planet but me love these Ferrero Rocher candies?? I am not a fan of chocolate, so I have never had a desire to try them. But one day, I grabbed some to put in the kids stockings for Christmas. I had an extra one, so I unwrapped it and popped it in my mouth. Lesson learned!!!!! DO NOT toss an entire unknown item into your mouth whole! Lick it, try a tiny bite, at the very least smell it! For the love of all things holy!!!!!! I wanted to lick a cheese grater to get the taste out of my mouth. I debated drinking bleach. In all seriousness, they really weren't for me. My kids adore them, though, so I knew I had to make a holder for them for their stocking stuffer. I saw this one on pinterest (my favorite place in the world) and so I made some.




It was very simple to make. 2 pieces of mint macaron card stock. 1 measuring 2 x 6 and one measuring 2 x 4 1/2. I also used 2 pieces of designer series paper. 1 measuring 4 1/4 x 1 7/8 and 1 measuring 1 7/8 x 1 7/8.

Take your piece of card stock that measures 2 x 6 and score on the 6'' side at 1 1/4, 1 3/4, 3 3/4, and  4 1 /4. You will punch a 1 1/2 hole in the square that was created between the two narrow rectangles. You will also punch a coordinating circle from the center of the 1 7/8 x 1 7/8 square of designer series paper. Adhere the designer series paper to the card stock. Add adhesive to the rectangle end of the card stock and create your base.

Punch one end of the 2 x 4 1/2 piece of card stock with the scalloped tag topper punch. Do the same with the 1 7/8 x 4 1/4 piece of designer series paper and then adhere them together creating a layered look.

Adhere the layered tag to the square base and pop in your candy. I tied a bow around it and used the circles I punched out for a sentiment.

If you are more of a visual learner like I am, you can watch the video here.

(Plus, I am not the best of instruction writers)

Monday we will be starting a new series all about watercolor! It will incorporate some Christmas as we continue our countdown and segue into other occasions!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Until next time...

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment